This week we went Asian…. sorta.
My cooking ADHD kinda took over, so this dish is a little bit of everything. I knew I wanted to make this dish >>> found on Pinterest but then I got to clickin’ and thought that this dish looked good too >>> Bang Bang Chicken and the sauce that she makes had me at hello. SOOOO….
With that being said I kinda took the ramen noodle idea from the first, the idea of seafood and the yummy sauce and chicken from the other.
If I know how to do anything I can fry some chicken, y’all!!
The final product was melt in your mouth divine. And I paired it with a little fried corn ( I will add that recipe later). I have to say that I wasn’t sure if I was proud or a bit disappointed that 3 out of 4 members of the quartet had no idea what “oodles of noodles” were, partly because there was a time in history when all that Braxton wanted was Ramen…. UGH!! When he decided that he was done so. were. we.
But then I thought what can I do with those easy peasy noodles to kick them up a notch and this is what you get.
What you don’t see is the fish that I baked for the barber and #1, But it used the same concept and they still had a few pieces of chicken.
I am cooking for 6 BIG eaters so modify as needed….
BANG BANG RAMEN
For the Chicken:
16 Chicken breast tenders
Tbsp. of cornstarch
S and P
Sweet Chili Sauce
For the Noodles:
5 packs of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
For the Bang:
About a ¼ cup of Mayo (I used Dukes mayo because I am from the South and I don’t think there is anything better) AND for heaven’s sake use REAL mayonnaise regardless of what you use)
About 3 tbsp. of sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp. of honey
- Prepare your flour mixture and your egg mixture… Heat a large skillet at about med high heat with about 4 tbsps. of butter and a couple swirls of vegetable oil. Also preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for your noodles
- I prefer the dry, wet, dry dredge but it’s your preference.
- When sizzling, fry up those tenders until golden brown. 5-7 minutes on each side. Don’t fuss with them … let the pan work its magic
- Place in a greased casserole dish drizzle a little sweet chili sauce on them and place in the oven until crispy but not too long or they will dry out.
- Once they are in the oven finish your noodles, add 2 of the seasoning packs.
- Cook al dente and drain
- Prepare the Bang Bang sauce in a small bowl, mixing all ingredients until well blended.
- In a skillet melt a few pads of butter and toss those noodles in the skillet. Drizzle your Bang Bang sauce over the noodles as they cook only cook a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and you are ready to eat
- Plate it noodles and chicken and drizzle the Bang Bang sauce over the top
- Your mouth will thank you.
- Bon A petit!!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did. It was so good that the quartet was fighting over who got the last of the noodles. 😉